Citizens of the Year
"It is with heavy hearts that the Prince George Community Foundation has decided to cancel the Citizen of the Year Gala for 2020. Due to COVID-19 and restrictions set out by the Provincial Health Authority for social distancing, the Foundation believes the best way to limit the spread is to limit social gatherings.
Although we did consider a virtual event like our successful 'Stay at Home Gala', we believe that this diminishes the feel and honour of being recognized in front of 200+ of our Honourees' peers, families and friends cheering them on. We are grateful to everyone who nominated someone this year and appreciate all of the volunteerism and philanthropy they are doing in our Community."
Alain LeFebvre, President
Prince George Community Foundation
The Citizen of the Year award is given to those who have gone above and beyond in community volunteerism and philanthropy.
Whether it be giving of their time, talent, expertise, or just being a good advocate, all of these play a role in making Prince George the wonderful community it is.
Citizen of the Year Gallery
Nancy and Pat Harris
Ron and Dee Neukomm
Karen Underhill, Ann Halikowski, Lorrain Hilland
Bill and Judy Russell
Dr. William Osei
Selection Criteria and Exclusions
- Have provided volunteer service for a minimum of three years (not necessarily with the same volunteer organization).
- Not have received any remuneration for the volunteer activity for which the award is being proposed OR;
- Have voluntarily performed duties related to their paid employment significantly beyond what is expected of a person holding that paid position.
- Have signed a waiver stating that they are willing to have their names and information about to their volunteer or philanthropic work published and made public.
- Agree to participate in events and publicity related to the Citizens of the Year Event and agree to undergoing a criminal record check (at the expense of the Community Foundation).
Criteria for Exclusion
- All citizens of Prince George are eligible except the Directors and their immediate families.
- In the event that a Citizens of the Year Committee member or volunteer on other special events committees is chosen to be recognized as a Citizens of the Year honoree and desires to accept the award, the volunteer will be asked to step down from the committee.
- A person cannot be selected or must withdraw his/her name he/she is running for public office in the year of the nomination.