A community foundation is a charitable organization created by and for a community of people. It is supported by local donors and governed by a board of private citizens who work toward the greater good of the citizens in the community.
How Do I Donate?
Every gift to the Prince George Community Foundation is important, regardless of size. Every gift helps enhance the services and opportunities in our community. The Foundation is grateful to receive continuing support from individuals, families, organizations, foundations, businesses and corporations.
The Prince George Community Foundation gratefully accepts the following types of gifts:
Your friends, neighbours, business associates and acquaintances are involved and support the Prince George Community Foundation for many reasons. Some have contributed to the foundation to establish a named endowment to honour their family or business . . . and to show their commitment to our community.
Others have contributed to the Foundation in memory of a special person or event in their life. The donation and endowed fund in their name will act as a legacy of their contribution to our community.
We would be pleased to discuss various options with you regarding a contribution to the Foundation. Opportunities exist for you to designate your gifts to benefit specific projects, organizations or areas of the community for which you have particular interests.Donate Now!
There are many reasons why we give, and just as many benefits to both others and ourselves as a result.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George
Prince George Folkfest Society
Coldsnap for Kids
It's My Very Own Bags of Love
Homemade bags made to give to children at risk
Prince Geroge Regional Art Gallery Association - Two Rivers Gallery
Mini Maker Faire
SOS - Surpassing Our Survival Society
Cultivating Healthy Relationships
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Planning & Vision Development
· Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a vision and strategic plan for the PGCF related to fund development, fundraising, and donor stewardship.
· Plan for and participate in a regular review of progress towards the strategic plan goals.
· Participate in the development of an annual operating plan and undertake activities to achieve these goals and initiatives.
· Work with the Board and Fund Development Committee to develop policies and programs to define the establishment of funds
· Develop and coordinate policies and procedures for year-round solicitation of sponsorship
· Seek out opportunities and implement initiatives to identify, cultivate and solicit prospects to build the asset base of the Foundation
· Identify key business leaders, families and organizations that can assist in this capacity.
· Prepare and deliver speeches/presentations to service organizations, business groups and Boards.
· Help to ensure all development activities and functions are in accordance with legal and ethical standards
· Prioritize and foster strong relationships with fund holders for the long term
· Design a donor recognition program for the purposes of promotion and acknowledgement.
· Through strong relationships, demonstrate opportunities for donors to perpetuate their giving through planned gifts.
· Develop partnerships and/or joint ventures with other not-for-profit organizations to enhance capacity of the sector.
· Actively seek ways in which the Foundation can leverage its resources in responding to needs of the community. Participate in community discussions to understand key areas that the PGCF may support.
Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
· Promote brand identity to build awareness and interest in PGCF amongst potential donors, potential grant recipients, public officials, influencers and financial advisors.
· Collaborate on the development of timely and relevant donor and fund holder communications.
· Attend events and participate in community activities to establish personal and PGCF profile, and to build networks.
· Work with the regional community foundations on partnerships to further advance awareness and promotion of regional community foundations
· Develop partnerships with local and regional agencies, service groups and municipalities to explore funding opportunities and community development issues and initiatives in which the PGCF should participate.
· Assist in the coordination of development of initiatives that will benefit and support partner efforts and goals
· 3-5 years professional experience or equivalent in one of the following areas;
Fund development, trust or estate planning, major gift fundraising
Skills & Attributes
· Strong relationship building skills
· Excellent communications skills; listening, verbal, written, presentation
· Passion for “Community Building”
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail with a focus on overall process improvement
· Ability to self-manage well in an environment of high confidentiality
· Familiarity with fund raising methods, tools and procedures
· Flexibility in adjusting plans, priorities and timetables in response to varying activities
· Proficiency with Microsoft, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Be able to effectively locate/solicit sponsorship potential ie: major corporations
· Familiarity with fundraising and donor tracking software
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron and Dee Neukomm, Harold Hartshorne, Shawn Rice and Selen Alpay.
Visit us at the Coast Inn of the North - Lower Level
770 Brunswick Street
Prince George Community Foundation